become a doodlewear contributing artist.
INTAKES FOR 2021 NOW CLOSED
Are you an emerging or established NZ artist?
We'd love you to join us!
Are you looking to provide your customers with wearable versions of their favourite art prints?
We are always looking for local amazing New Zealand artists to join doodlewear as contributors! Only a few pairs of eyes can appreciate an art print on the wall, but what about on clothing? The potential is enormous.
We see a lot of talented New Zealand artists' work that would look great on a tee. doodlewear is a collective space where people looking for creative tees can find NZ artist prints in a wearable form in one location.
Our artists, like those in a gallery, have an existing body of work and Social Media following. There is market/demand for their art, and they are looking to provide their customers with wearable versions of their popular art prints.
One of the key reasons doodlewear works so well is that we work collaboratively with emerging and established artists who promote doodlewear and their artwork on their established social platforms – a collaborative marketing effort.
Our distinguishing feature is that we sell unique "art prints” from artists on clothing - from a gallery wall to an art print you can wear! Our artists curate a cohesive collection of their existing artworks for use on our t-shirts, sweaters, hoodies etc. They then have them professionally scanned and the highest quality art prints made to go on our doodlewear.
How to apply
After reading the following information below, if you want to get your art on doodlewear, please email us via our contact page or direct to firstname.lastname@example.org us with your submission details for consideration:
- Links to your website and artist social media accounts
- A short summarised history of your artistic career to date
- List of where your art is sold currently
- Your contact details
We personally reply to every submission, so don't panic if you don't hear from us instantly.
High quality garment printing
Supporting local artists and print production, all artists in the doodlewear space are NZ based creatives, and all our garment printing is done here in New Zealand. You can be sure your art print will be of a high standard. We print each garment individually to order, with care, on high quality garments from trusted NZ brand 'AS Colour' who sources these garments internationally.
Our AS Colour garments are soft and high quality. Because the ink sticks to the garment's fabric underneath, the art print design feels much softer than a traditional screenprint.
Our bolder, brighter Innobella Textile Inks are water-based pigment inks have exceptional washability if cared for correctly. The result is a great looking garment that looks brighter, longer with proven washability as evidences by AATCC wash tests, where our inks score 4.0 or higher on every test.
- EARNINGS - you choose the mark up! Have control over how much you earn per sale.
- IT'S EASY & HASSLE-FREE - we'll handle the site upkeep, product uploads, transactions, printing production, packing, postage and customer service. With no inventory to maintain, all you need to do is provide the art, decide your earnings and help spread the word to your customers.
- NO ADDITIONAL SETUP FEES - for first time contributing artists, there is no additional set up fees on top of your subscription costs.
- QUALITY GUARANTEE - with us, you know where we're sourcing the garments, type of ink used, and that the quality of the print will do your art justice. Each printed garment is also quality checked by one of our team before sending out.
- NZ ARTISTS ONLY - doodlewear is NZ artist only, so your art won't be competing for attention against all the artists in the world (unlike some of the bigger sites). While doodlewear is designed and printed in NZ, that doesn’t mean our customers won’t be from all over the world, as we ship worldwide. They will be confident knowing they are buying a New Zealand designed and printed, quality and art print garment. Majority of shoppers will also be leaning more towards NZ art interests.
- YOU, THE ARTIST BEHIND THE ART IS IMPORTANT TO US - it’s important to us that our customers are aware of the artist behind the art they’ve purchased. Your name will be listed on our website and you will be tagged in all our Social Media posts related to your art.
- ACCESS TO EXCLUSIVE FACEBOOK GROUP - get access to 'doodlewear NZ Artist Collab' Facebook Group. This is a positive group exclusively for doodlewear NZ Collaboration Artists to share skills, support, ask questions, provide feedback and make awesome connections within our doodlewear community. This is also a place where you can hear news about doodlewear, tips/tricks and upcoming marketing campaigns.
- BASE PRICE TEES FOR YOURSELF - going to a market? Want to sell your tees in person? Order at base price only plus shipping!
- LOW SUBSCRIPTION FEE - pay the equivalent of TWO coffees a month* only! The bonus of working as a collective – we keep this fee as low as possible, running on a ‘crowdfund’ kind of concept, where the small subscription fee of each artist will contribute towards covering expenses such as running this website, marketing and advertising, website development etc. to bring all artists in this collab more potential shoppers and opportunities.
- Annual payment: $130NZD (inc gst)/year (*annually: $2.50 (inc gst)/week)
- Or monthly payments: $17.30NZD (inc gst)/month) ($4 (inc gst)/week)
- SIMPLE PRICING SYSTEM
Base price (inc gst) + Your chosen margin (inc gst) = Retail price (inc gst).
[Base price: Covers our service and the operational costs involved in producing each garment. Your margin: You control how much margin you earn per sale. Whether it's 15%, 50% or 120%, you get to decide what you sell your art for. Retail price: This is the final price your customers see.]
- LASTLY, YOUR ART ALWAYS BELONGS TO YOU - your work always belongs to you. No matter how many garments you upload and sell via doodlewear, you retain ownership and control of your work. View our user agreement here.
doodlewear space is PG, and cater to the comfort of the majority, so please don't be offended if we feel your art doesn't suit this space.
View our contributing artist guidelines here. Artists must be 16+ years of age.